|Created by||Akira Jotaro (aka Justice0)|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Run time||20-25 minutes|
The story takes place in modern Japan in a fictional city in the Chubu area called Odakyo. The story is about a new 2nd-year student in Odakyo High School from Tokyo who becomes one of the most popular guys in school the first day after hitting a homerun but surprises many people when they find out she's a girl.
After living in Odakyo for most of her childhood, Ryoko Kazama, leaves to go live in Tokyo but comes back to Odakyo eight years later right after she finished the first year of high school and enrolls in Odakyo High School. In the first day, Ryoko meets her childhood friend, Kaito Murasame, and hits a hundred meter homerun when they were playing around in the baseball field, which caught on very quickly and gave Ryoko instant fame in the school the next day. Just trying to have a normal life, Ryoko and Kaito try to avoid the strange things but are often dragged into them by force.
For all characters: List of Swinging! characters
- A girl with the looks and personality of a boy. She is called Ryo by everyone besides her parents because it is believed that her name was just a mistake by her parents when they were naming her for most people. Even though she was born in Odakyo, not much people know about her. She left Odakyo to go to Tokyo with her parents but came back to Odakyo after eight years because her parents wanted to start a new business and meet with their old friends. She dislikes a lot of female clothes so she often wears male clothes, so she wears the male uniform instead of the female uniform for school, but when she wears a dress, her personality slightly changes and most people are unable to recognize her. She enjoys baseball and is a major fan of it, it is also shown that she is the best player in the school. She is voiced by Emiri Kato.
- The childhood friend of Ryoko and one of the few people who knew that she was a girl in the beginning. He was given the nickname "Ame-kun" (meaning: Rainy) by Ryoko when they were kids because of his last name Murasame (meaning: Village Rain). He enjoys baseball but, not as much as Ryoko does even though he was the one who thought her how to play baseball. He is voiced by Jun Fukuyama.
- The teacher of class 2-E. He used to be a teacher for a secret ninja school in Osaka but quit because he didn't like the hard work he was given. He is a laid-back and lazy teacher who only takes action when needed and never does anything unnecessary. He is voiced by Keiji Fujiwara.
- The class representative of 2-E. She was one of the many girls who had a crush on Ryoko that later found out that she was a girl and lost the feeling. She is the daughter of the riches man in Odakyo and also one of the school's smartest students. She is voiced by Junko Minagawa.
- Class 2-E's most popular boy before Ryoko came. He is a narcissist bishounen who hates Ryoko for 'stealing' popularity away from him. After he found out that Ryoko was a girl, he thought she was crossdressing for a special reason and threatened her that her 'secret' would be revealed if she didn't do what he wanted, but failed to blackmail her since it wasn't a secret from the beginning. He is voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki.
- The school's most popular bishoujo. She was also one of the many girls who had a crush on Ryoko and found out she was a girl. She has a serious type of personality even though she likes to joke around. She is voiced by Sayaka Ohara.
- Class 2-E's smartest student. She was the first to know that Ryoko was a girl but still had a crush on her. She is afraid of boys but couldn't enroll in a all girls' school because there weren't any in Odakyo. She is the niece of Shun Akatsuki. She is voiced by Mamiko Noto.
- Even though the title was based on baseball, the anime was not