Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Created by||Akira Jotaro (aka Justice0)|
|No. of episodes||12|
|Run time||21-22 minutes|
The story is set in modern day Japan in a fictional school named Takanashi High School, where the school life is normal but has strange people. The story is about a student of Takanashi High School and his troubles with the student council president.
After moving to Tokyo from Sendai, Seto Hiyazaki transferred to Takanashi High School for his 2nd year of high school. On his first day when he was running to his class, he accidentally tripped while running up the stairs and crashed into a girl, seeing her underwear. When they got up, the girl slapped Seto, making him fall down the stairs, but she had responded to it without a single sound; when he got to his room, he didn't notice the girl from before but she noticed him. After sitting down on his desk, he then noticed the girl, who responds to him by turning her face away without making a sound again. When lunchtime came, Seto apologizes to the girl and she forgives him, but still doesn't say anything; after the apology, two girls by names of Natsumi and Yukiko came into the room to meet the girl, and they then explain to Seto about Shizuko, the quiet girl, and why she doesn't say anything after noticing him. Soon, Seto finds out that Shizuko is the student council president despite being unable to talk and befriends her to help her become a better president.
- A transfer student from Sendai. He is a kind and thoughtful boy who likes to help others, but has a habit of working until he tires himself out. He is known to be clumsy and accident-prone by the people who know him, so they often forgive him for his mistakes. He has low stamina and a weak body due to an illness he suffers from, but is determined to make the best of his life and achieve his dream of becoming a doctor to help as much people as he can. He becomes very nervous around nude females and would sometimes faint if he becomes too excited. His grades are barely above average. His parents died of an amusement park accident, which made him scared of ferris wheels. He is voiced by Miyu Irino.
- The student council president and a born mute who uses a note pad to tell people what she is saying. She is a smart and athletic girl who is very forgiving towards people who are honest. When she is nervous or embarassed, she becomes a tsundere, which happens very often around Seto; her glasses also fogs up when she is very red. She later recieves a writing board by Seto as a birthday present, which she replaces the note pad with. Because of her short hair, she is sometimes mistakened to be a young boy when she is in her casual clothes wearing pants; this angers her. Since she does not speak, her thoughts are shown spoken instead. She is voiced by Chiwa Saitō.
- Arisa Kamishiro - The student council vice-president. She is a rich and arrogant girl who has a massive dislike for Shizuko and considers her as a rival, but Shizuko doesn't even notice this and see her as a friend. She is the richest student in the school and also one of the smartest, only tied with Shizuko in academics. She rarely notices Seto and often refers to him as a bug, calling him "Mushizaki" (pun combining the word "Bug" and Seto's surname "Hiyazaki"); she ignores Seto because she is actually jealous of him being with Shizuko a lot of the times. Though she does not notice it, she actually has a crush on Shizuko and would sometimes fantasize about her. She is voiced by Yuki Matsuoka.
- Kazuki Nishiba - The student council general affairs manager and a third year student. He is a lazy delinquent who loves manga, sleeping, and playing video games. Even though he is part of the student council, he is the ace member of the boxing club and has lost only one match in his entire life. He is recognized to be one of the Seven Mysteries of Takanashi High School for being part of the student council because know one knows or understands how or why he became part of it. He is usually seen sleeping in the student council room. He is voiced by Kazuya Nakai.
- Yukiko Yuuki - The student council secretary. She is a very kind and shy, but ignorant girl who is very forgetful of things and also has very bad luck. She is known throughout the entire school as its cutest girl and was confessed to very many times, but they were all rejected. Like Kazuki, she is also part of the Seven Mysteries of Takanashi High School for the same reasons and also because of the uncountable amount of boys she has rejected. She has a crush on Kazuki and has been his childhood friend since they met in kindergarten. She often forgets that Shizuka is mute, which always causes trouble for them both. She is nicknamed "Yuki-Yuki". She is voiced by Nana Mizuki.
- Hokuto Kadoya - The student council treasurer. He is a thick-lensed and test-loving boy who loves to test his intelligence against everything he can. He is one of the school's smartest students, ranking 3rd in academics and always losing to Shizuko (1st) and Arisa (2nd). Because of his hyperactive and bipolar behaviors, he is often ignored by others unless he speaks of important things or causes trouble. His presence is often forgotten when Seto is with the student council. He is voiced by Daisuke Sakaguchi.
- Natsumi Yoshimoto - The class homeroom teacher. She is a 25 year-old woman who often breaks up and reunites with her boyfriend after dates. It is rare to see her actually acting like a normal teacher. She is a person who switches moods almost everyday depending on her situation with her boyfriend. She is one of the Seven Mysteries of Takanashi High School because many people often wonder how many times she's broken up and got back together with her boyfriend. She is voiced by Miki Itou.
- Mihoshi Yasuda - A tomboyish girl and the best friend of Shizuko. She is the only person who could understand Shizuko just by looking at her facial expressions because of her amazing skills of observation. Despite having great observation skills, her grades are some of the lowest in the school, except in physical education. Though she may not look like it, she is a great chef and also great in handling children. She likes to make fun of Seto for liking Shizuko. She is voiced by Kana Asumi.
- Sakura Minato - The class representative. He is a short-tempered but reasonable and intelligent person who hates to be mistakened to be a girl because of his name. He does not know that Shizuko cannot speak so he is often irritated when she doesn't respond to him by speaking. He sees Seto as a nuisance to class because of his clumsiness. He speaks in a elegant way of talking and hates rude people. There are rumors of him being part of a rich family, but he actually isn't and just has OCD along with a superiority complex. He is voiced by Ryūsei Nakao.
- Takeo Katsuragi - Seto's best friend. He is a perverted and hot-headed boy who has a habit of getting too exicited and overreacting when seeing girls' underwear. He is known to be the class clown but had befriended many people because of it. He sometimes stalks his friends' dates out of jealousy. He is voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama.
- Yu - An unnamed student who was nicknamed "Yu" by Takeo and has been known by it ever since. Not much is known about him other than he was Takeo's first friend in high school and he's part of the boxing club. He is more noticable than Hokuto and also makes more appearances with lines. He is voiced by Hiro Shimono.
- Satori Uzuki - The captain of the girls karate club. She is a third year student with two different personalities, cute and strong. When she is not in a dojo, she is in her "cute" personality, where she acts very feminine and girly, liking things such as little animals, plush dolls, and even cosplay. When she is in a dojo of any kind, she is in her "strong" personality, where she acts very tough and strict, treating everyone roughly and trying to make them as strong as they can possibly become. She nicknames Shizuko "Shi-chan" and treats her like a kitten. She is voiced by Megumi Toyoguchi.
- Omi - A member of the girls karate club. She is an ambitious and loyal first year student who transferred to Takanashi High School around the same time Seto did. When she first started in the karate club, she had her doubts about Satori being the captain, but it quickly disappeared after seeing Satori in action, where she then become one of Satori's "cute little pets". She is voiced by Chiaki Omigawa.
- Kaioutaro Kamizaki - A third year student and a delinquent known to be the "King of Punks" by most other delinquents, primarily from other schools. Despite his power and intimidating looks, he was very easily defeated by Kazuki in their first meeting and was also easily defeated by Omi. He is a parody of Kenshiro and Kaioh from Fist of the North Star. He is voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi.
- Muneshige Chinami - The president of the disciplinary committee. He is a strict and law-enforcing student who hates rule breakers. He has a grudge against the principal for making the school too loose on rules. He doesn't know about Shizuko's inability to speak, who irritates him when she doesn't respond back and causes him to be enraged; he was the first person to make Shizuko cry. He also didn't know that Shizuko is the student council president. He has a habit of overeating when he is depressed, but always works out in a gym after losing his depression. He has a great fear of Kaioutaro and always runs away whenever he encounters him. He is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita.
- Ryou Nagase - Shizuko's father. He is a 35 year-old man who cares deeply for his daughter. He is very protective of Shizuko and Misaki, always trying to prevent them from being hurt and always trying to keep them happy, but in Shizuko's case, tries to keep her away from boys. He does not worry much about Shizuko's inability to speak, but is still concerned about it. He is voiced by Hiroshi Tsuchida.
- Misaki Nagase - Shizuko's mother. She, unlike her husband, wants Shizuko to find a lover and have grandchildren. So she is very supportive of Seto, to the point where she arranges a marriage for him and Shizuko or force them to sleep in the same room. Despite her actions, she is very worried about her daughter because of her inability to speak. She is voiced by Fumiko Orikasa.
- Mashiro Hiyazaki - Seto's grandmother. She is an old but strong woman at the age of 57 years-old. She is the only known relative of Seto and she had also raised him since his parents' death. She is a strong and muscular woman who works as a contractor for construction. She is very worried about Seto's illness and sometimes thinks too much about it, but she stops overthinking as much as she used to after she met with Shizuko together with Seto. Unlike other women, she speaks with a manly way of talking. She is voiced by Mayumi Tanaka.
- Koga Shinonome - The school principal. He is an old man at the age of 71 years-old. He is an old-fashioned man who dresses in traditional Japanese clothing and enjoys enka music, though he sometimes sings popular anime songs in karaoke. He is loose with rules and usually ignores them himself, but he is very strict when someone breaks a very strict rule, such as trespassing or bullying. He is voiced by Norio Wakamoto.
- Ebisu Takanama - The school vice-principal. Not very much is known about him other than he is very strict with rules and has a strong dislike for the principal. He is voiced by Kozo Shioya.
- Kimiko Kusanagi - The student council advisor and a teacher of Takanashi High School. She is an emotionless and monotone woman who often causes awkward situations amongst people around her because of her personality. Her face always appears the same during all of her appearances and never changes, even when something she wants is taken from her. Despite her personality, she is very childish and will sometimes even cry to get what she wants, but she is also the most intimidating teacher. She is voiced by Satomi Arai.