|Created by||Akira Jotaro (aka Justice0)|
|No. of episodes||61|
|Run time||21-24 minutes|
The story takes place in a fantasy science fiction world called Utorra, where the world is completely controlled by three nations, Trutopia, Xolis, and Stellia, and many troops are rising to rebel against all three nations. The story is about a member of the rebellion called Gears and a famous singer from Trutopia discovering the dark secrets of the three nations and fighting against them.
In the year 757 of Utorra, the nation of Trutopia had taken over most of the world's lands and forced all of the neutral nations to join them. Three years later, Trutopia had created a false utopia, giving the people of their greatest countries (known as "the kingdom") hope while giving the people of their border countries despair and an endless sight of battles. Two years later, two children were born in the same day and time but of different statuses, the boy, Aera Vent, had joined the rebellion known as Gears at the age of 11 after witnessing the death of his family and friends, while as the girl, Arino Trust, had become an idol and greatest symbol of people in the Trutopia kingdom at age 11. At their 15th birthday, Aera had kidnapped Arino at a concert celebrating her birthday and had many people chase after them. Now, Aera must show Arino the truth of the world and fight against the three nations.
For all characters: List of Rusty Sky characters
- A member of Gears, one of the six rebellion armies. He is a cold and unsensitive person who is afraid of seeing his blood enough to be completely paralyzed. Despite being cold and unsensitive, he enjoys helping children and sometimes plays with them. He is very skilled with swords and guns but he know how to use any other types of weapons and is very bad at magic. He is a Trutopian who had abandoned his nation after seeing his village be destroyed by the kingdom's soldiers. He is voiced by Daisuke Ono.
- The most popular idol of Trutopia, mostly known for her song "Seven Words" which raised her to fame at age 11 in the kingdom. At her first meeting with Aera, she had liked him for his looks but hated him for kidnapping her also for his cold personality. She had not known about the wars until she was kidnapped by Gears and had only thought that Gears was a criminal organization out for money before she was told the truth. She is a girl who stays stong to her beliefs but has a short temper because of her fame. At the last battle, she had sang a new song she wrote called "Rusty Sky". She is voiced by Megumi Nakajima.
- A crazy and psychotic maniac who had lost his mind and memory of his real name due to a failed attempt with an experiment called Project Cards, which was never explained due to his lost memories and the unrecorded history. Even though Project Cards was a failiure, his brain forced him to continue the experiment even though he had forgotten what was supposed to due. The only thing he remembers are the materials needed to create Project Cards and had wanted a warrior to test it on so he kidnapped Aera. He is a Stellian but was forbidden to return to his country and was an outcast but had taken control of Stellia and became its tyrant. He accidentally killed himself by injecting Project Cards into him. He is voiced by Shigeru Chiba.
- The prime minister of Xolis. He controls the Xolis nation behind the scenes using the princess, Eriana De Xolianos, as a puppet for his plans. He planned on defeating the other two countries before killing the princess and taking the spot as king but was found out and attacked by the rebellion so he had to speed up his plans. After being found out, he was killed by the rebellion instead of the princess. He is voiced by Masashi Ebara.
Arthur Rocheford Vi TrustEdit
- The king of Trutopia and father of Arino. He disguises his true personality when around his daughter and the people of the public as a nice and kind father but is actually a cruel and sadistic person who loves war and watching false Trutopian people (people conquered by the Trutopian nation) die. He had planned to conquer the entire world before he dies and never letting the people of the kingdom know of his true self. He is voiced by Norio Wakamoto.
- Rusty Sky was inspired by a few of the Final Fantasy game series (VII, X, and XIII)
- The world Utorra's name was a combination of the words "Utopia" and "Terra"
- The nation Trutopia's name was a based off the word "Truth"
- The nation Stellia's name was based off the Italian word "Stella" meaning "Star" in English