Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Romance of the Three Kingdoms: Book of the Warrior|
|Created by||Akira Jotaro (aka Justice0)|
|Writer(s)|| Akira Jotaro
Luo Guanzhong (original novel)
|No. of episodes||28|
|Run time||22-25 minutes|
Romance of the Three Kingdoms: Book the Warrior (三国志：戦士の本 Sangokushi: Senshi no Hon) is an anime that was written, directed, and created by Akira Jotaro who also created the anime Dokuganryu-hime, Musou Yami, and Restaurant of the Revolution.
The story is set in a re-imagined version of the Three Kingdoms era of China and the book Romance of the Three Kingdoms, starting from the Yellow Turban Rebellion and ending at the Battle of Chi Bi, skipping some events that happened in history and the novel and adding in some non-historical events and people. The story is about the young warrior, Ma Chao in his quest for revenge against the emperor of Cao Wei, Cao Cao.
After the Yellow Turban Rebellion had ended, Liu Bei had ran into some trouble with a small army led by the warrior, Ma Chao. Once defeated, Ma Chao had joined Liu Bei's army and became one of their strongest warriors and the rival of the Little Dragon, Zhao Yun. Not long after, Liu Bei's army had helped in the resistance of Dong Zhou, alongside the Tiger of Jiang Dong, Sun Jian, and the Hero of Chaos, Cao Cao, at Si Shui Pass and Hu Lao Gate. After the defeat of Dong Zhou, Ma Chao had noticed Cao Cao but was unable to get near him, and as much time passed, Ma Chao once again gathered his army and headed towards Cao Cao's camp to get revenge for the death of his clan.
Ma Chao MengqiEdit
- Also known as "Ma Chao the Splendid" for his skills in fighting. His clan was destroyed by Cao Cao when he was 14 and had vowed for revenge against Cao Cao. After many years had passed, he became a master of the spear and had created a small army of warriors that are against Wei. After the Yellow Turban Rebellion had ended, he joined Shu and had became one of the Five Tiger Generals. He is voiced by Hiro Shimono.
Cao Cao MengdeEdit
- Also known as "The Hero of Chaos" for his ruthless and reckless ways of battle. He is an excellent judge of character and had tried to recruit Ma Chao into his army after he failed his assassination at the Battle of Tong Pass. He is often looked up to by many great warriors and generals and he is also the closest warlord to ruling China without the Imperial Seal. He is voiced by Jun Fukuyama.
- Liu Bei Xuande - Also known as "The Dragon" from rising from a farmer to the emperor of Shu Han. He is a kind man who tries his hardest to gain the trust of the people and bring back the Han Dynasty. He is voiced by Yuya Miyashita.
- Sun Jian Wentai - Also known as "The Tiger of Jiang Dong" for his fearsome skills and strength. He respects Liu Bei and Cao Cao as great leaders and overestimates them often. He is also the descendent of the great strategist, Sun Tzu, and emperor of Eastern Wu. His two sons took over his place after he was killed. He is voiced by Kazuki Yao.
- Sun Ce Bofu - The eldest son of Sun Jian and also known as "The Little Conqueror" for resembling a famous warrior king from the past. He is a young and hot-headed man who has many rivals in all of his competitions, including war, martial arts, chess, and more. He is voiced by Wataru Takagi.
- Sun Quan Zhongmou - The youngest son of Sun Jian and younger brother of Sun Ce. He is a young man who is overshadowed by his family's long history of famous geniuses and warriors as he is neither. He is often unconfident in his skills, leaving most of his work done by his vassals. He is voiced by Sōichirō Hoshi.
- Yuan Shao Benchu - The childhood friend and self-proclaimed rival of Cao Cao. He is often called an idiot by his younger brother, Yuan Shu, and sometimes Cao Cao. Despite being an idiot, he is still a great leader who led the coalition army against Dong Zhou and won. He is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita.
- Yuan Shu Gonglu - The younger brother of Yuan Shao. He had ruled over China as the emperor for a week before he had lost the Imperial Seal to Sun Jian and was forced to give it up. He is a smart but cowardly young man who dreams of ruling the world. He is voiced by Sanae Kobayashi.
- Zhao Yun Zilong - Also known as the "Little Dragon" for being as fearsome as a dragon and great enough to become a warlord. He is the rival of Ma Chao and also the greatest of the Five Tiger Generals. He is known as the greatest hero of the Three Kingdoms. He is voiced by Daisuke Ono.
- Guan Yu Yunchang - Also known as the "God of War" for being one of the strongest warriors in the Three Kingdoms era. He is the leader of the Five Tiger Generals and is also the most recognizable. He is the younger brother of Liu Bei and older brother of Zhang Fei. He is most recognized for his elegent beard and his weapon, Blue Dragon. He is voiced by Jurota Kojugi.
- Zhang Fei Yide - The youngest of the Three Brothers of Oath. He is the mightiest of the Five Tiger Generals and also a heavy drinker. He is most known for his spear, Serpent, and his inhuman strength. He is voiced by Keiji Fujiwara.
- Huang Zhong Hansheng - An old man with amazing bow and arrow skills. He is the oldest and smartest of the Five Tiger Generals. He is a perverted old man who loves to speak of his younger years and flirt with beautiful women. He is voiced by Kōji Ishii.
Other Notable CharactersEdit
- Lu Bu Fengxian - The strongest man of the Three Kingdoms. He rides a horse named Red Hare which is also known as the greatest horse in all of history. He uses a halberd called Sky Piercer and he is also skilled in archery. He is a hot-headed muscular man who would do anything to protect his beloved Diao Chan. He is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita.
- Diao Chan - One of the Four Beauties of the Three Kingdoms. She is an intellegent and quiet young woman who specializes in playing the erhu and dancing. She was the mastermind of Lu Bu's rise to fame and his fall. Despite her innocent looks, she is one of the most devious people of the Three Kingdoms. She is voiced by Ayako Kawasumi.
- Zhuge Liang Kongming - One of the smartest people ever to have been recorded in history. He is the strategist of Shu and the mastermind of Cao Cao's defeat in Chi Bi. He is a calm man who wields a feather fan and had only once had a strategy fail. He is voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama.
- Pang Tong Shiyuan - Also known as the "Young Phoenix" due to his unattractiveness and his skills and talents. Zhuge Liang's childhood friend and the spy who lead to Cao Cao's downfall at Chi Bi. He and Zhuge Liang both studied under Sima Hui. He is voiced by Show Hiyami.
- Huang Yueying - A warrior woman and the wife of Zhuge Liang. She is a lady-like woman who enjoys being a housewife but is also fierce and smart on the battlefield. She is one of the people who helped defeat Lu Bu at Xia Pi. She is voiced by Hitomi Nabatame.
- Sima Yi Zhongda - The rival of Zhuge Liang and the best strategist of Wei. He often calls people "imbeciles" whenever things don't go his way and is usually feared by his own soldiers. He is an elegent man who hates to lose and often loses himself to his temper. He is voiced by Nobutoshi Canna.
- Xiahou Dun Yuanrang - Also known as "Blind Xiahou" after he lost his left eye at Xia Pi after being shot by an arrow; he is also known as the "One-Eyed Phoenix" by Guan Yu. He is a young hot-blooded warrior adopted into the Xiahou family and became the cousin of Cao Cao. He was the one who had captured Lu Bu at Xia Pi. He is voiced by Kazuya Nakai.
- Xiahou Yuan Miaocai - The younger cousin of Xiahou Dun. He is well known for his mastery in archery and was the only rivalled match to Huang Zhong, the aged master archer of Shu. He is a childish and playful young man who loves to make jokes, especially around his cousin. He is voiced by Romi Park.
- Wang Yi - A mysterious warrior woman of Wei with very little known history. She is a cold and loyal warrior who only does what is needed and never does anything unnecessary. She is Wei's warrior equilavent to Ma Chao and had fought him many times during his attempts to kill Cao Cao. She only talks when she needs to. She is voiced by Junko Minagawa.
- Huang Gai Gongfu - A military general under Wu and the key person to the success at Chi Bi. He is the most loyal warrior of Wu and also the longest living general. He is a big and muscular man who enjoys setting things on fire. He is voiced by Kenichi Ogata.
- Zhou Yu Gongjin - The master strategist of Wu and the sworn brother of Sun Ce. He is also known as "Zhou Yu the Handsome" for elegence and looks. He is the second mastermind of Cao Cao's downfall at Chi Bi. He is voiced by Daisuke Kishio.
- Zhou Tai Youping - A mysterious and quiet young man who bears resemblence to a Japanese samurai. He is the loyal bodyguard of Sun Quan and he is the cousin of Zhou Yu. He is voiced by Gackt.
- Gan Ning Xingba - Also known as "Gan Ning of the Bell" due to the bells he hangs around his clothes and weapons to alert his enemies of his arrival. A former pirate who joined Wu under Sun Quan's command. He is a carefree and loose young man who is a master swordsman, archer, spearman, and weapon craftsman. He is voiced by Takeshi Kusao.