|“||Sugar,Spice, & Everything Nice. These three ingredients were chosen to create the Perfect little GIRLS. But Professor Utonium accidentally added the Extra Ingredient to the Concoction... Chemical X... Thus The Powerpuff Girls are BORN!||”|
—The Description is based on 2016 Reboot series with Bleedmanized ANIME-styled animation.
|Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi|
|Original run||Crossover-Anime series.|
|Season||1-2 and 3 (WiP)|
|Created by|| SNAFU Comics
|Status|| Comic series still ongoing
from chapter 1-12.
Animation is not yet made (for now).
|Studio|| A-1 Pictures (Animation)
|Original run||N/A (Undeveloped) - N/A|
|Episodes|| 15 (30 in 2 seasons) and 12 (in Season 3).
Excluding the The Forgotten OVA.
|Preceded by||The Powerpuff Girls/The Powerpuff Girls (2016)|
|Succeeded by||Grim Tales (Alternate Non-canon future)|
Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi (also known as Powerpuff Girls D or PPGD) is a manga-styled fan webcomic drawn by Vinson Ngo, commonly known as Bleedman and it's an Multi-crossover of characters from Distributed by Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Disney and animated by A-1 Pictures & co-produced by Snafu Comics.
However in the chapter 7 Bleedman mostly did all the work himself. From Chapter 7, BeeAre helped with the story and Seiryuga with colors. But since Chapter 8 Seiryuga stopped, probably because of his own projects.The comic is a crossover of sorts based on the TV show The Powerpuff Girls, though finding Blossom,Bubbles, and Buttercup slightly older and now going to school in a fictional neighboring city of Townsville known as Megaville. Here the girls meet various other characters of different Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon animated programs such as Dexter's Laboratory, Time Squad,The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Megas XLR, Invader Zim, My Life as a Teenage Robot, Samurai Jack,Courage the Cowardly Dog. However evil forces soon set their sights on the girls, which will no doubt lead to conflicts as the comic progresses.
While PPG Doujinshi includes many familiar characters (drawn anime-style), the comic also sports a slew of original characters, the most noticeable being Bell, a supposed Powerpuff Girl dressed in white who works for the villains.
The comic is known to be much darker in tone than the cartoons on which it is based.
Powerpuff Girls Doujinshi was updated regularly on Sundays until recently when the artist began to work on his related comic, The Adventures of Grim Jr. and Minnie Mandy, and updates won't begin again until that comic's current arc is completed. It is very fan-oriented, with several artists and writers influencing the work of the creator.
The comic was the "Outstanding Superhero Comic" and "Outstanding Character" winner on the Web Cartoonist's Choice Awards in 2005.
The Anime series of PPGD will be more different in the Comic series it is also a slightly REBOOTED version rather than the Comics versions & the Animations will be animated by A-1 Pictures and by KADOKAWA, For the English dub Funimation will also distribute for the English translations both co-produced by Snafu-Comics and Bleedman for the entire 1st and 2nd seasons, Also the voice actors & actresses from Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon & Disney would provide the voices for the English dub as well.
see: List of PPGD episodes.
The first season is more focused on the Chapter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 of PPGD comics with a little bit of Twist. The episode list will have 1-15.
to be added.
The second season will be set after the events of Chapter 6 (known as episode 15), The episodes is more focused on Chapter 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 & 12 (onwards). same as the 1st season it will be 1-15.
to be added.
The 3rd season was in work in progress and the series may focused on Chapter 13-onwards, Despite the criticism of The 2016 reboot series, the Animators would still hinting the elements of the 2016 Reboot series and may combine it to the season 3 such as The Fasionistas or Silico that may working as villains and helping may help Dr. X's sinister plan or maybe as Flashback villains on the episode arcs. The episode list will only have 1-12 but there's a possibility that the Animators would add 3 more if They really wanted too and an OVA as well.
The story focuses on the Powerpuff Girls (Blossom, Bubbles Buttercup) being transfered to a new school in Megaville. There, they made friends with several other students, including a boy named Dexter, and began to protect the world from the Clusters.
For more Info: see PPGD storyline on SNAFU wiki.
- There also has been an animated series The Powerpuff Girls Z with very similar character designs of PowerPuff Girls Doujinshi that was based on the hairstyles of the Girls and released in 2006 in Japan after the popularity of PPGD comics.
- This was referenced in a April Fools parody page of PPGD's 10th anniversary in which Blossom and Bell took on appearances resembling the art style.
- The PPGD characters also appeared in Grim Tales from Down Below. It was mentioned by Grim in the "What about Mimi" comic page, while being in Mimi's memory, that they were in Megaville, the city that Powerpuff Girls doujinshi takes place in. Thus proving that Grim Tales & PPGD may take place in the same universe or maybe an Alternate future/alternate universe.
- There are also a cameo characters from different Characters from Disney, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and any Fictional characters from different franchises.
- There has been fan speculation that Dr. Brisbaine is an alter ego of Dr. X or his missing Twin Brother (possibly).
- But in the latest chapter 12, He reveals himself as Dr. Alexander Megalosinstead.
- The character Samantha from Medabots uses a new machine resembling a hybrid between her usual Peppercat and the mascot of a Filipino restaurant chain, Jollibee. Samantha is later revealed to be half a robot, complaining in one page to make her "fullmetal".
- The mecha that Coop fought is a mechanized version of Jollibee, a mascot for a Filipino fastfood chain of the same name. The Jollibee mascot is basically a giant bee in an orange tuxedo, with chefs hat and gloves.
- Those characters are from Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon both exist in this crossover universe.
- The Men In Black members also respond to the Monster attack in science convention when Bell going to plant the Bomb but Blossom going to stop her
- But in the Animated reboot the Plumbers from Ben 10 series are the ones who responded to the Invasion of Megaville instead of the MiB , It's because the Animators & producers wants to make it " Accurate " to the story and the Producers may hint a Ben 10 crossover series.
- Also, Mojo Jojo once made references to the Justice League,Men in Black and Teen Titans and Possibly the Avengers.
- However in the series reboot He only mentioned the JLA (Justice League) and Avengers as one team called The League of Superheroes a combination of DC Comics' Justice League and Marvel Comics' The Avengers while Teen Titans is called The Team a combination of DC's Teen Titans (Original TV series) & The Team (Young Justice) and Marvel's SHIELD Trainees (USM) & Champions. Also the animators wants both the agencies A.R.G.U.S. (DCEU based) and S.H.I.E.L.D. (MCU based) may exist as one Agency.
- Cartoon Network has an anime style MMORPG called Cartoon Network Universe: Fusionfall a crossover and multiplayer online game using nanos.
- It is currently unknown if Ben Tennyson will make an apperance, due to the Omnitrix making a cameo in Grim Tales.
- The creators of Fusion Fall at some point wanted to hire Vinson, but the executives scrapped the idea (Because some Cartoon fans cricized him as a pervertive).
- However in season 3 (Possibly) The Animators will make a cameo Appearance of Ben Tennyson by calling his friend Dexter on a phone , this may similar or a reference to the first episode of DC-CW's Arrow & The Flash TV series.
- It has been speculated by the art on Bleedman's DevianArt account that their will be other characters and cameos in future strips. Bleedman has confirmed that the cast of Kids Next Door would making an appearance in the comic. Other characters include Monkey from Dexter's Laboratory; Dynamo from The Powerpuff Girls;Supercow from Cow and Chicken; , the America version of Godzilla or Godzilla 2014 or GINO (as enemy Monster), what seems to be a modernized Atom Ant, Mac and other various characters from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Pucca (Pucca TV series) and the titular characters of The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, Danny Phantom, Atomic Betty, Juniper Lee and Dora the Explorer/Go Diego Go!. The characters from
- Also Rick Sanchez and Morty Smith from Adult Swim's Rick & Morty series may also appeared but as doppelgangers of the Major characters instead of their mainstream versions of them, But they may appear as an April Fools animated clip same as their Webcomic counterparts.
- The comic owns much of it's popularity to the fact that Cartoon network and Nickelodeon have had such a landfall decline in popularity in recent years.
- The first characters that appeared in the comic, except for Courage and Gir, are from cartoons that involved Genndy Tartakovsky.
Youtube user Cryoflare making his own version of PPGD Fandub but still it takes weeks or months to do it. However there's still no update on his Fandub project but he's still not abandoning it.
- Kibou no Kakera by Nana Kitade (Revived version, Season 1).*
- Who's got the Power! ft. Alexa Curtis. (2016 Reboot opening, Full version, English dub only)
- More to come.
- Look! by HALCALI (Revived version, Season 1)*
- Toori Ame by Wiz-US (Revived version, Episode 6-8 Dee Dee's episode arcs only)*
- More to come.
Note: The Music is only for the Japanese version.