|Created by||Akira Jotaro (aka Justice0)|
|No. of episodes||31|
|Run time||20-25 minutes|
The story takes place in a re-imagined version of the Sengoku era of Japan. The story is about The Fool of Owari, Nobunaga Oda, in his dark path to conquer Japan by waging war against any and all who are a obstacle in his path to rule.
Main Article: List of Musou Yami episodes
After his father died, Nobunaga Oda took place of his father, Nobuhide, and ruled over Owari after being driven mad and defeating the warlord, Yoshimune Shiba. Once he had ruled over Owari, he gained an ambition to conquer the land of the rising sun and also gained many powerful samurai under his rule, thus, beginning his path to conquer.
- The reckless ruler of Owari and demonic warrior of Japan. He gained the nickname "Fool of Owari" for his reckless plans and foolish attempts at doing the impossible and succeeding, but he was also given another nickname by the Tiger of Kai, Shingen Takeda, for his demonic powers; his second and more fitting nickname, "Demon King of Sixth Heaven". He is a very ambitious man who would eliminate anyone who is of no use to him or tries to stop him from his dreams, without any hesitation. Though he is cold and sometimes demonic, he is kind to those who obey him and treats them well with respect. He is also a skilled warrior with many weapons. He is voiced by Jun Fukuyama.
- The wife of Nobunaga. She had met Nobunaga once before he was a warlord, before Nobuhide Oda died and they took a liking to each other, but they forgot each other after a few years passed. After the death of the Serpent of Mino, Dōsan Saitō, she became Nobunaga's wife to be able to get revenge for her father, but failed when they remembered each other. She often joins Nobunaga in battle and is by his side. She is voiced by Fumiko Orikasa.
- The honorable and loyal samurai of Nobunaga Oda. After Yoshiaki Ashikage was defeated, but spared by Nobunaga, Mitsuhide was impressed by the skills and logic of Nobunaga and joined his army. During his time with the Oda army, he became one of Nobunaga's most trusted retainers and vowed to serve loyaly under the Oda flag for the rest of his life. He betrayed Nobunaga because he found his own ambition and needed Nobunaga out of the way to complete it. He is voiced by Toru Okawa.
- Hideyoshi Toyotomi - A warlord who was impressed by Nobunaga's ideals and wished for him to be his mentor. He is a fast and flexible man who is also very dedicated to the Oda. He was given the nickname "Monkey" by Nobunaga. He is voiced by Kazuki Yao.
- Ieyasu Tokugawa - A warlord who once served under Yoshimoto Imagawa before he was killed by Nobunaga. After Yoshimoto died, Ieyasu was given a lecture by Nobunaga and was moved, so he then served under him. He is voiced by Yuya Miyashita.
- Katsuiie Shibata - A samurai who served under Nobunaga since before Owari was unified. He was given the nickname "Devil Shibata" for his mercilessness against enemy soldiers. He is the most trusted of the retainers and the most loyal to the Oda Clan. He is voiced by Takashi Kondo.
- Toshiie Maeda - A samurai who served under Nobunaga almost as long as Katsuiie and he is also the leader of the Maeda Clan. He is the best friend of Katsuiie, but disapproves of his and Nobunaga's ways of fighting. He is a strong-willed man who believes in justice. He is voiced by Tomokazu Seki.
- Shingen Takeda - The Tiger of Kai. An old man who is a very skilled strategist and has many great warriors. He was the one who had given Nobunaga his nickname. He is voiced by Takayuki Sugo.
- Kenshin Uesugi - The Dragon of Echigo and God of War. He is Shingen's rival and best friend, he does not allow anyone, other than himself, to defeat Shingen. He is a young man who loves to drink sake by the sakura trees and fighting in battles. He is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita.
- Masamune Date - The One-Eyed Dragon of Oshu. He was the youngest warlord to ever conquer a land. He hates Hideyoshi but doesn't really mind Nobunaga and allied himself with the Oda once. He is a mature and serious young man who often gets annoyed by others. He is voiced by Romi Park.
- Yoshimoto Imagawa - The brother-in-law of Shingen and the leader of Suruga. He is a man of nobility who acts as such, but he is actually just a coward who is afraid of dying. He fears Nobunaga the most of all the other warlords and tried to stay away from him as much as possible, but he was killed by Nobunaga at Okehazama which helped the Oda's fame raise. He is voiced by Akira Ishida.
- Motonari Mori - The cruel, but peaceful ruler of Chugoku. He is one of the three leaders of the Saigoku region. He hates to wage war unless he has to and he has no ambitions of his own. He was born as a farmer in Aki who rose to power after his father took the former lord's place; his father later died and left him in charge of Aki and he later took over all of Chugoku. He is voiced by Shigeru Nakahara.
- Motochika Chosokabe - The Ogre of the Western Sea and the ruler of Shikoku. He hates Motonari Mori for a reason unexplained. He is a reckless ruler who often relies on western weaponry such as cannons for battle. He is voiced by Daisuke Kishio.
- Nagamasa Azai - The brother-in-law of Nobunaga and ruler of Omi. He is a benevolent man who cares for the people. He was married to Nobunaga's younger sister, Oichi, for an alliance, though they actually fell in love with each other. He betrayed Nobunaga after he attacked the Asakura Clan and broken their promise; he was later killed by Nobunaga at Anegawa. He is voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya.
- Sorin Otomo - The Christian ruler of Kyushu. After being converted to Christianity, he was given false rules by the missionary, Francis Xavier, and created Xavism believing in the lies of Francis Xavier. He is a cruel man who hates anyone who doesn't believe in Xavism. He is voiced by Masakazu Morita.
- Every character was based on a real historical person from the Japanese Sengoku era
- The title literally translates into "Unrivalled Darkness"