Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Created by||Akira Jotaro (aka Justice0)|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Run time||25-26 minutes|
The story is a mixture of 8 different stories set in different times in Japan. Each of the stories are about different people with different lives who all intertwine in one area, revenge.
"Each person has their own story, whether it be of joyous love or angerfilled hatred or inside those boundaries. These are stories of betrayal, hatred, anger, jealousy, and revenge. Grudges around, grudges go around and come back in full payment. Karma can be painful yet it can be rewarding, filled with happiness yet filled with sorrow. The price of revenge is a painful payment, but will these people be able to obtain their vengeance? Or will they fall into the deepest of despair? I ask you, the same question." - Opening Narration
- 1st Act - The Soldier & The Crab
- 2nd Act - The Winter Lady
- 3rd Act - A Haunted Hero
- 4th Act - Ghost of the Revolution
- 5th Act - Festival of 100 Demons
- 6th Act - Another Returner
- 7th Act - The Unknown Man
- 8th Act - The Curtain Falls
- The primary character of the series who narrates the stories by telling them like a storybook. He is a young man who dresses in a gakuran school uniform and tells the stories in an abandoned warehouse at night. He breaks the fourth wall by telling the stories to the viewers. At the end of the last episode, he explains what happened to the protagonists after their stories ended. He is voiced by Akira Ishida.
Fujisaki no TaroEdit
- A noble samurai and general from the Genpei War who served under the Minamoto and killed the most enemy soldiers in the Battle of Dan-no-ura. He was haunted by the ghosts of the many soldiers he killed who became Heikegani. He later goes crazy and loses his nobility status. He is voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa.
- A kind and helpful young man who accidentally killed his wife and left her in the snow but, it was never found. He regrets killing his wife but keeps a secret and does not even mention anything about it. He later dies by freezing to death in the despair of killing his wife. He is voiced by Mamoru Miyano.
- The former retainer of Nobunaga Oda and his killer. He is a man who has an ambition to take the country for himself by first becoming a hero, so he killed his lord, the Demon King of 6th Heaven, Nobunaga Oda. After killing his former lord, he is haunted by his ghost and the words he was told by him in the past. His death at the Battle of Yamazaki was unconfirmed. He is voiced by Jun Fukuyama.
- A woman who has decieved many men and took their money, leaving them in poverty. She made a member of the Shinsengumi fall in love with her and she later took all his money and also made him hunted by a yakuza group where he is killed. She was haunted by the ghost of the Shinsengumi samurai that fell in love with her. She was found mysteriously dead the next morning after she saw his spirit for the first time. She is voiced by Ema Kogure.
- A member of the Meiji Police who likes to abuse his power and arrest people for crimes they didn't commit. He has a total of 99 arrested innocent people and is known for his reputation as the worse policeman in Kyoto. After making his 100th arrest, he had suddenly began to slowly lose his mind and saw people as demons and during a rebellion of the Meiji Restoration, he completely lost his mind and saw everyone as dancing demons except for a little girl who smiled at him as he goes insane. He is voiced by KENN.
- A soldier of the Japanese Army who betrayed his best friend during the Battle of Iwo Jima by running away from him when they were the last soldiers left on the island. After surviving Iwo Jima, he left to Nagasaki to live with his family until the war was over but was haunted by the ghost of his best friend. He dies at the atomic bombing of Nagasaki in 1945. He is voiced by Junichi Suwabe.
- A very popular and beautiful nurse at a hospital. After she rejected an offer to marry a strange man she had never seen before, she began to develop paranoia as she was stalked by someone. She later has anxiety panic attacks and was forced to be dismissed from work due to the stalking. She died after the stalker escaped from the hold of the police and shot her. She is voiced by Ami Koshimizu.
- A stage actress who is very kind and helpful to others and hates violence. She is hated by almost every other actress that she works with but doesn't know why and tries to be on good terms with them. She was killed at the last scene of a play by her best friend while the audience thought it was part of the act. Her best friend did not know of the weapon that killed her and was arrested while the mastermind stayed hidden. She is voiced by Akemi Kanda.