|Koga & Naga: Guardians of the Feudal Warriors|
|Created by||Aaron Montalvo|
|Writer(s)|| Aaron Montalvo |
|No. of episodes||Ongoing (planned for 52 episodes)|
|Run time||30 minutes|
|Animation Studio||Tatsunoko Production|
|Network|| MBS |
|English Network||AM-Bushidox (Toonami XD)|
|Starring|| English Cast: |
|First aired||March 22nd, 2014|
Koga & Naga: Guardians of the Feudal Warriors (コガとナーガ：封建戦士の守護者, Koga to nāga: Hōken senshi no gādian) is a Japanese-American/Canadian anime television series and a media franchise produced in collaboration by Tatsunoko Productions, Aniplex, Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. (Japan), and Hollowfox Entertainment set to air on March 22nd, 2014 on MBS.
The series is created and based on an original story by Aaron Montalvo (Harmony Unleashed, Atomic Betty X Total Drama, Lazarus Defiance), directed by Kazuya Murata (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, Code Geass, Full Metal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos, composed by Akatsuki Yamatoya (Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, Gintama, Soul Eater), character designs by Yoshihiro Nagamori (Beast Saga, Scan2Go, Bakugan), music by Yoshihiro Ike (Tiger & Bunny, Sonic X, Kuroko's Basketball Season 2) and animated by Tatsunoko Productions.
The media franchise will start with a manga adaptation written by Akatsuki Yamatoya and illustrated by CLAMP (Tsubasa RESERVoir Chronicles, Code Geass, Blood-C) and it will be published at Weekly Shonen Jump by Shueisha.
The anime is licensed in North America by Sony Pictures Television International, Aniplex of America and Hollowfox Entertainment, also licensed by Manga Entertainment in the UK and Hanabee Entertainment in Oceania. It is set to have a world premiere simulcast with an English Dub on AM-Bushidox in the same day.
For centuries in Feudal Japan, many warriors saved their own lands as they are legendary. Now in Tokyo, Two Brothers, Koga and Naga Ishihara, trained by their younger sister, Kirara, aided by a prettiest alien human girl, Sengoku-chan and brought by the spirit of the Japanese Feudal Warriors, they must fight when an unknown force from outer space invades the whole country of Japan which was ruled by Yami King.
- Main article: Koga & Naga: Guardians of the Feudal Warriors/Characters
|Character||Japanese VA Cast||English VA Cast|
|Koga Ishihara||Takahiro Sakurai||Avan Jogia|
|Naga Ishihara||Tetsuya Kakihara||Atticus Mitchell|
|Kirara Ishihara||Kana Hanazawa||Emilie-Claire Barlow|
|Yami King||Tessho Genda||Mark Oliver|
|Sengoku-chan||Aki Kanada||Tara Strong|
|Taro Ishihara||Hiroki Yasumoto||Patrick McKenna|
|Yuri Ishihara||Aya Hisakawa||Erin Fitzgerald|
|Yukio Kusanagi||Nobutoshi Canna||Matt Hill|
|Akira Koda||Hiroyuki Yoshino||Brad Swaile|
|Momotaro Yukimura||Nobuyuki Hiyama||Samuel Vincent|
|Ryotaro Yukimura||Nobuhiko Okamoto||Cameron Kennedy|
|Kari Sanada||Sayaka Ohara||Britt McKillip|
|Toshiyuki Sasagawa||Romi Park||David A. Kaye|
|Kujikaru||Jin Yamanoi||Ian James Corlett|
|Katsushiro Ikari||Toshiyuki Morikawa||Christian Potenza|
|Kyoko Shitanda||Ayumi Fujimura||Barbara Mamabolo|
- Main article: Koga & Naga: Guardians of the Feudal Warriors/Episodes
The episodes will consist of 2 seasons and 26 episodes per season. Both Japanese and English dub will be airing in NI97 Anitoku as a worldwide premiere on Early 2014. In Japan it will be also aired in MBS and NaruIchi97 Television the same day after the american world television premiere as well as any other japanese network (ex. TV Aichi, AT-X, Fuji TV).
The english dub is the first one licensed from Aniplex of America to have Canadian voice actors, But due to the Aniplex Company for Licensing the english dub in America, Sony Pictures Television International will distribute the anime worldwide as well as collaborating with Aniplex of America in North America.
The series will simulcast the english subbed version in Hulu, Crackle, Daisuki.net and Crunchyroll same time as Japan.
- Composed by: Yoshihiro Ike
- Production: Aniplex, Flying Dog
- Series Creator Based on an Original Story by: Aaron Montalvo
- Director: Kazuya Murata
- Story Editor: Akatsuki Yamatoya
- Character Design: Yoshihiro Nagamori
- Chief Animation Director: Yuichi Takahashi
- Chief Storyboard: Kenji Nakamura
- Music: Yoshihiro Ike
- Music Production: Aniplex, Flying Dog
- Sound Director: Masafumi Mima
- Planning/Executive Producers: Koichiro Natsume, Shuichiro Tanaka, Aaron Montalvo, Seiji Takeda, Masao Takiyama, Takuo Minegishi, Shin Unozawa
- Producers: Atsuhiro Iwakami, Hiro Maruyama
- Animation Production: Tatsunoko Production, Aaron Montalvo Animation Studios Japan
- Production: Koga & Naga Partners, MBS
- Flying Dog
- Hakuhodo DY Media Partners
- Hollowfox Entertainment
- Namco Bandai Games
- Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. (Japan)
- Tatsunoko Production
A direct manga adaptation of the television series with illustrations by Quily and story adaptation by Kyozuka Maruo has been published by Shueisha under the Jump SQ. label. There is also confirmed a spin-off with Sengoku-chan as the protagonist set for a Spring 2015 release with Quily adapting the character designs and Masaki Hiramatsu writing the script. Aaron Montalvo, the original creator is involved as a planning supervisor and executive producer.
The manga has been
The film is released in August 10, 2014 with distribution by Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan with direction by Kazuya Murata and screenplay by Kyozuka Maruo & Akatsuki Yamatoya.
Planned Live-Action FilmEdit
Sony Pictures Entertainment and Hollowfox Entertainment/Ivanna The Movie have plans for a live-action adaptation of the Koga and Naga series with Aaron Montalvo involved in the story and as producer alongside Amy Pascal (for Pascal Pictures) and Masao Takiyama, series head writer Akatsuki Yamatoya and series director Kazuya Murata as executive producers. Tokusatsu director and stuntman Makoto Yokoyama (Power Rangers, Garo) is confirmed to direct the film with a screenplay by Montalvo, Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (Captain America, The Chronicles of Narnia) and Oren Uziel (Mortal Kombat: Rebirth, 22 Jump Street). At WonderCon 2015, Ryan Potter and Brandon Soo Hoo is confirmed to star as Koga and Naga, as well as Mark Musashi as Yami King with a teaser trailer showing a concept.
On an interview at San Diego Comic Con 2015 after the Harmony Unleashed Showcase panel, Montalvo promises that there will probably be no "whitewashing" the actors and it will be full of asian actors, even Japanese people which is what Live action movies based off anime and manga should be doing.
- Due to the anime being the first to be dubbed in Canada and licensed by Aniplex US, Sony Pictures International decided to distribute the series worldwide and in Canada as well as co-distributing with Aniplex US in USA.
- Like Space Dandy, Harmony Unleashed: Equestria Campus Supremacy and the Harmony Unleashed Equestria Girls/Anthro Bunraku crossover miniseries, the show will have its simulcast dub and sub world premiere.
- The series is the first anime coming from Hollowfox Entertainment to have all original characters and original story that does not involve copyrighted material. As it was its first indie anime production.