|Created by||Akira Jotaro (aka Justice0)|
|No. of episodes||24|
|Run time||21-25 minutes|
The setting takes place in a steam-punk styled world known as Era, taking place in the country of Niji, a country based on Edo Japan. The story is about the daughter of one of the 17 warlords of the country of Niji, and her conquest and protection of the land.
For over 50 years in the country of Niji, a civil war has engulfed the country and splitting it into many different factions. When the war began, there were only 3 strong powers, but as the war continued, there eventually became 30 then 40; in the 50th year of the great civil war, the powers were cut to only 17 due to the new generations and the destruction of many clans. In the year 1557 of the Niji calendar, the remaining 17 powers are left in unsettling peace and the states of the country as well; waiting for the next movement of the enemy and waiting for the end of war to truly come.
After upon waking up in an unknown place, Sen Himeji finds herself with no memories of who she is or what she was doing. As she stood up, Sen was attacked by a soldier bearing an emblem of a lotus flower on his armor, but she was then saved by two other soldiers bearing emblems of cherry blossom petals who call her "Princess". Not long after, one of the two soldiers was killed by an enemy archer and was preparing to shoot Sen, but he was stopped there as Sen took a sword from the ground and cut his arms off. Surprised by this, the soldier who saved Sen had his thinking stopped after seeing the armless enemy and immidiately took Sen by the hand and ran towards safety. After the battle had ended, Sen was sent back to the Himeji Castle immidiately and was discovered to have amnesia. As the story continues on, Sen regains her memories and creates an army of the people, becoming the 18th power in the civil war to truly end the war once and for all.
- The princess of the Himeji Clan and the only female warlord, thus, she is nicknamed "War Princess". Before she had amnesia, she was a powerful and loyal young girl who deeply trusted her father, following the ways of the woman samurai laws. After losing her memories from a hit to the head in a battlefield, she loses all of her memory, causing a personality change and making her speak how she truly feels more often. She does not know how to work technology, which would often lead to trouble for her in comedic ways. She regains her memories after she was sent to destroy a village by orders of her father, Tairanto; which led to her leaving the Himeji Clan and forming a new faction known as the Revolution Army (革命軍 Kakumei-gun). She uses a katana with a blade that is twice the size of a regular katana. Her name, "Sen", is spelt "千" but can also be spelt "戦", which means "war". She was based on the historical figure, Senhime. She is voiced by Kana Ueda.
- One of the two samurai who saved Sen's life in the first episode. He is a low-ranked soldier who serves under the Himeji Clan, but was promoted to become a minor-officer after saving Sen's life. He is somewhat cowardly but, he stands strong to his beliefs and never runs away from trouble, whether it be his or not. He is a young man at the same age as Sen and also has a crush on her. After Sen leaves the Himeji Clan, he was the first to join her from the Himeji Clan. Though it is not well-known, he is actually very intelligent in strategy and also hiding himself. He eventually learns to become a ninja from the master thief, Goe Hoshikawa. He uses a regular katana as his weapon, but later uses a sword with chain after becoming a ninja. He was based on the historical figure, Hanzo Hattori. He is voiced by Soichiro Hoshi.
- The warlord of the Himeji Clan and father of Sen. He is a man who wishes and hopes for change of the country, but believes that great sacrifices must be made in order to make the change. He is a man who is willing to kill an innocent person to cause change and show power to his opponents. He was killed after the Hitoyomi Clan took over his state. His name, "Tairanto", has the same spelling as the word "tyrant" in katakana (タイラント). He is voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa.
- The lord of the Hitoyomi Clan and the warlord with the most land and power. During the beginning of the series, he conquers over five of the 17 powers and claims them using his signature of proclaimation, building a temple named after himself. He is a strong believer of a deity named Tennoshin (天の真 lit. True of Heaven) and wishes to conquer the land in the name of his god by taking over the country and exiling foreigners and missionaries. He was killed in his castle and high temple, Yomi Castle, after it was burned to the ground. He is voiced by Kōzō Shioya.
- Kannosuke Maeda - A former general of the Himeji Clan's army. He was the second to join Sen from the Himeji Clan after Hanzo. He had sworn loyalty to Sen when she was still a child because of he was more of a father-figure to her than her actual father; this made him easily convinced to join Sen in her cause. Despite being only in his late 20s, he looks as if he is in his 40s or 50s because of his scruffy beard and deep voice. He uses a double-ended naginata as his weapon. He is voiced by Unshō Ishizuka.
- Riyu Takanashi - The guardian of a small village named Santo. She is a tall, masculine, and beautiful young woman who is adored by the people of her village for her beauty, kindness, and strength. After meeting Sen and her companions, she assumed that they were of a state army that was sent to destroy Santo, but the mistake was cleared after she met with Sen herself. Due to her manly behavior, she often dresses in tattered and loose light clothes. She uses a spear as her weapon. She is voiced by Sayaka Ohara.
- Alisa Pierre - A foreign missionary and nun who is often seen with the young warlord, Toramaru. She is a pacifist who prays for hope and ending of the war. Even though she is a nun, she is more famous for being a blonde and big breasted beauty. She is voiced by Ryōko Ono.
- Aomane Minamoto - The uncle of the young warlord, Toramaru. He is a man who has his name known throughout the country as a fearsome man who has never lost in a decisive battle. He leads the Minamoto Clan in place of his dead brother and his nephew. He is usually referred to as "plain" because he doesn't have any looks or personality traits that really stick out much. He uses high tech weaponry as his primary choices of war weaponry, though he himself, uses a plain katana. He is voiced by Shin-ichiro Miki.
- Judai Ayasegawa - A ronin samurai who used to be a soldier serving for the warlord, Ishiki Ono, before he was exiled for treason. He is a laid back man who hates trouble and fighting, ironically, he is a troublemaker with fighting skills of a master swordsman and martial artist. He uses his fists as his main choice of weapon, but would sometimes use a sword if it is needed. He was based on the historical figure, Musashi Miyamoto. He is voiced by Kazuhiko Inoue.
- Goe Hoshikawa - The man known as the greatest thief in the world, having being able to steal anything and everything he's ever aimed for and always escaping with nothing but his mark, a golden shuriken star with the kanji "星" written on it. Before he was a thief, he was a ninja under the alias, Zenjubou, but later faked his death to become a thief who helps the poor. He trained Hanzo into becoming a ninja. He uses many ninja tools as his weapons and changes his weapon for every one of his fights. He was based on the historical figure, Goemon Ishikawa. He is voiced by Hideo Ishikawa.
- Kintaro Akeda - The first warlord that was shown in the series. His army was the one that fought the Himeji Clan in the beginning. He was soon easily conquered by the Hitoyomi Clan. He is voiced by Daisuke Namikawa.
- Toramaru - The only son and heir to the Minamoto Clan. He is a young 11 year-old boy who is often rash about decisions but is also a kind and obedient child. After the death of his father, he is renamed Shiou and takes over the Minamoto Clan with the guidance of Alisa and his trusted uncle, Aomane. Despite his age, he is a prodigy in strategy, having beaten his uncle and father's retainers countless times in war-simulation games. He is voiced by Rina Satō.
- Kensuke Zennigata - The leader of the Zennigata Clan and a warlord who cares deeply for money and treasure above all else. He is considered a disgrace to the Zennigata Clan by all of his retainers, but because of the power he possesses, they are all too afraid to speak up. He was the first warlord to be defeated by the Revolution Army. He is voiced by Koji Yusa.
- Aka Kawagawa - The leader of the Kawagawa Clan. She is the only female warlord besides for Sen and is known for her inventions that makes her stand as one of the top five lords of the country. She is a young, rash, hot-headed, and childish girl at the age of 15 years-old who is a genius in technology, but has to rely on her retainers for most other things. Her state was later conquered by the Hitoyomi Clan despite having the country's strongest weapons, and nearly escapes death by running away to join the Revolution Army with the remnants of her forces. She is voiced by Akemi Kanda.
- Satoshi Nakamaru - The leader of the Nakamaru Clan. He is a young man with many scars on the right side of his body, such as having only one eye, a burn mark on his right eye, half a right leg, and no right arm. Because he is handicapped, many others often worry about him, including his some of his enemies. He is man who hates war enough to risk his life to end a battle and will spare any prisoners no matter of crime. He has two children, a 7 year-old boy named Tadashi and a 5 year-old girl named Iroha, and he is married to a woman named Mei. He supports the Revolution Army, but never joins them. He uses a mechanical arm and leg as his weapons when he is not using a katana. He is voiced by Kazuya Nakai.
- Hideyori Toyota - The leader of the Toyota Clan. Not much is known about him other than he was easily defeated by the Hitoyomi Clan. He is voiced by Ryūsei Nakao.
- Ekou Higa - The leader of the Higa Clan. He is a man who is feared by his people because of his joy of killing others, never hesitating to kill a person he doesn't like. He was defeated by the Revolution Army. He is voiced by Takehito Koyasu.
- Daimon "Williams" Tatsumoto - The leader of the Tatsumoto Clan. He supports foreigners and believes that the country should become westernized for the sake of human evolution. His state was conquered by the Hitoyomi and he himself was killed personally by Tairakizaemon because of his beliefs. The remnants of his army along with his wife, Karin, joined the Revolution Army. He is voiced by Mugihito.