The Lord of Twilight
City of Rhithymna
Tunsten was born in the Darkthrop tower to a vampire father, Mordred, and a human mother, Mathilde. Two years later the Authurian Empire raided the tower and abducted Mordred. Mathilde used her magical talent to keep Emperor Authur away from her son, but he struck her down. Intrigued by the prospect of a half-vampire, Authur took Tunsten to the Empire and had him raised as a living weapon. The exact details of his upbringing are unknown, but General Belmont was acquainted with him and he developed a fondness for birds, especially eagles and ravens.
Tunsten is very handsome, standing 5'10" in height with a well built, toned physique. His physical appearance is that of a young and masculine man despise being a vampire. Tunsten has a light complexion with olive skin undertones and has a strong bone structure with high cheeks bones and a solid jaw line. He possesses dark brown almost black hair which hangs just over his ears, usually styled in a casual disarray yet sometimes gelled for special occasions. With striking, intense light blue eyes contrasting wonderfully against darkened lashes and eyebrows (his eyes glow red when using his powers, much like the picture above).
Tunsten is a strong and gifted Warlock, gaining the respect and admiration of his men during his captaincy of the army. Although being raised by the Hostess of Andraste, Tunsten is modest and shy and struggles showing his emotions. His most remarkable traits are his bravery and firm beliefs. Towards his friends Tunsten is loyal and exceptionally forgiving, able to forgive even those who betray him.
Powers, Abilities and Equipment Edit
As an early kindred vampire, Tunsten was born stronger, faster and better than any human, his powers surpassed that of a normal vampire, being born from the bloodline of the Darkthrop family. Tunsten, due to his high-born status between vampires, isn't a mindless, blood thirsty monster, and was also capable of keeping his human-like appearance and well maintained hygiene.
All of the powers listed surfaced when Tunsten reached adulthood, specifically after puberty.
- Vampiric Speed: One of the most amazing among his abilities is his speed. Tunsten is able to run in excess of a hundred miles per hour, substantially faster than the human eye can see. The Forest elf Cedric Browne is noted to be one of the few things that can keep up with him.
- Vampiric Strength: Another enhanced trait is his unstoppable physical strength. A vampire is said to be thousands of times stronger than any human, able to lift objects several hundreds of times his own weight.
- Vampiric Agility: A vampire's strength also enables them to leap incredible distances and possess heightened reflexes. Tunsten was able to leap over a 50 yard wide obstacle with ease during his first hunts. Again, the only rivals to his agility is the forest elf Cedric Browne.
- Obtenebration: The art of Obtenebration is the iconic discipline of the Darkthrop clan, which is the unearthly control over shadows. It is related to the practice of Abyss Mysticism within the clan.
Vampiric Senses Edit
- Vampiric Sight: While running, a vampire can see and sense everything that is around them, allowing them to keep tabs of their surroundings and avoid hitting anything unnecessarily. A vampire's vision is incomparable. Everything is much sharper, and more defined as a vampire, and their vision is unhindered by darkness.
- Vampiric Smell: When a vampire hunts, he uses his sense of smell to find prey and hearing to track its movements. Vampires can smell objects several miles away in a good breeze. Smell is most intense to vampires, because one can smell the blood of his prey.
- Vampiric Hearing: Tunsten can hear the most muted sounds. When Tunsten hunt, he could hear the fluttering wings and heartbeats of small birds flying through the forest. He could also hear the scurrying noises of animals that were beneath the ground, as well as an army of ants on the ground. They also have an instinctive reaction to danger, usually from ill-willed vampires.
- Vampiric Touch: Despite being indestructible and hard-skinned, vampires can feel the things they touch, no matter the softness; such as fur, the coolness of wind, etc. They can feel the slightest changes of temperature around them, though they are not bothered by it. They can feel the heat radiating from a human several meters away.
- Vampiric Taste: Vampires have a similarly enhanced sense of taste allowing them to taste flavors with much more depth and precision. They can taste the differences of particles in their atmosphere. They can also detect minute differences between similar flavors.
- Sixth Sense: Vampires also have a keen sense to danger, usually from something strong enough to harm them. Sometimes, they may even detect danger before they know it consciously.
- Elemental Transmutation: Ranging from transforming basic materials into purer forms (lead and iron to silver or gold), creating golems to making permanent changes on the state of matter (making glass malleable etc.), Using energy to break down the physical structure of the identified material into a more malleable state so as to be easily reshaped into a new form.
- Maleficium: The magical form of the esoteric secret knowledge of Witchcraft, it involves influencing humans or animals (called familiars), communicating with the living empathetically, or casting powerful "one-time" spells with a long term effect. This form of magic usually doesn't include any type of elemental manipulation, but crucially depending on science and the magical energy of the practitioner.
- Potion Making: create beverages that can result in magical effects. Substances with magical properties such as enhancing physical and mental abilities, healing, granting powers, chancing shape, or bewitching someone depending on the kind of potion that is made.
- Cursing: Tunsten can curse his enemies using ancient Warlock spells and rituals. He can create environmental curses, soul curses, bodily curses, or even curse weapons and equipment. Some of his curses can be preformed on the spot but the most effective ones take time, ingredients and a safe place to cast.
- Hand to Hand Combat: Tunsten is a formidable hand to hand combatant, he was trained by General Belmont but prefers to use his vampire instincts over his training in combat. He uses his natural claws and fangs to overpower an enemy, incorporation with his strength and hard skin.
- Genius-level Intellect: Perhaps the main reason for Tunsten not having friends as a child, was not the fact that he is only allowed to go out at night, but the fact that he was far more intelligent than the average child.Tunsten has extremely heightened and enhanced intelligence and other mental abilities and skills.
As a vampire, Tunsten has numerous natural weaknesses, some can be annoying, some can be fatal, at the end, all of them can be used against him if the opponent played his moves correctly.
- Running Water: Tunsten can't cross running water, either it's a river or a man-made tunnel. Tunsten can't also cross running water under the ground, the moment he feels water underneath, he stops immobilized in his place.
- Blood Lust: If the Vampire goes without feeding or is prevented from doing so for an extended period of time, the creature steadily begins to weaken and show its true age. This can prove to be fatal to a very old Vampire.
- Weakness to Silver: Vampires hate silver and blessed steel, a vampire who gets hurt or slashed by a silver blade will never heal their injury, it will be there, never to vanish, leaving an eternal mark, only a very powerful vampire can heal it, albeit slightly.
- Salt and Fire: Salt burns a vampire's skin, fire can kill them. A circle of salt prevents a vampire of crossing to the other side, much like what running water can do.
- Sunlight: A vampire burns and weakens under the light of the sun, mostly because it's believed to be the light of God, the more powerful the vampire, the more effective the sun is against him/her. Sunlight has proven to be a person's most powerful weapon against a vampire.
- OCD: Vampires are, for some reason, extremely obsessive-compulsive. The creature is therefore compelled to stop and count tiny objects, like seeds, grains, salt, iron pellets, or pebbles. They usually stop to count iron nails, seeds, sea salt, sand, oats, peppercorns, corn kernels, etc, this is a perfect moment to strike.
- Neptune: Tunsten's pet Eagle. He personally trained the bird to obey his orders and also to endure some magical spells that Tunsten will cast upon it, Neptune was also enchanted to function as Tunsten's "eyes" and it's his familiar of choice (the magical companion that accompanies the Warlock).
- Carnwennan: A legendary magical dagger. It is sometimes attributed with the magical power to shroud its user in shadow, it was used by Authur to slice the Very Black Witch in half. The Emperor gave it a gift to Tunsten when he became a captain in the ranks of his army.
- Daylight Amulet: Also called Daylight Ring is a piece of jewelry with a lapis lazuli gemstone enchanted by witches, to protect vampires from the sunlight thus, allowing them to walk freely in the day.