The Crash Bandicoot anime series is an animated series from Japan based on the Crash Bandicoot video game series. The show's plot is not based around a specific game and is somewhat loose, and has a few creative liberties (mostly in the Japanese version). The series is rated TV G.
Crash Bandicoot is a perky teenage bandicoot who lives with his family: his sister Coco, close friend Crunch, and guardian Aku Aku. Unfortunately, Crash and the gang are constantly harassed by Dr. Neo Cortex, a crazy scientist who has his eyes set on the Power Crystals, and his various minions: the mentally unstable Dr. N. Gin, Cortex's niece Nina, and various mutated animals.
- Crash Bandicoot-An energetic bandicoot. He's considered Cortex's greatest enemy, but there are many times when Crash is oblivious to this (what with his short attention span and niavity). He loves eating Wumpa fruit and spinning (but not at the same time, of course).
- Coco Bandicoot-Crash's younger sister and the team's genius. Despite being younger than Crash (as well as most of the cast), she is possibly the smartest character on the show, or at least among the protagonists.
- Crunch Bandicoot-The team's muscle. Despite his large stature, he's quite friendly, and cares greatly for Crash and Coco.
- Aku Aku-A tiki mask who acts as the Bandicoot's guardian. He helps Crash in various ways, and tries to keep him focused on important missions.
- Dr. Neo Cortex-An evil scientist with animal mutating technology. Despite his evil genius, he doesn't have much common sense.
- Dr. N. Gin-Cortex's henchman, who may or may not be legally insane.
- Nina Cortex-Cortex's niece, who seems to be more capable than her uncle.
- Pasadena O'Possum-A possum who has a crush on Crash. She's an excellent racer.
- Tawna Bandicoot-Crash's ex-girlfriend. While she and Crash aren't dating anymore, they still remain close friends.
- Pura-Coco's pet tiger.
|Character||Japanese VA||English VA|
|Crash Bandicoot||Kappei Yamaguchi||Richard Steven Horvitz|
|Coco Bandicoot||Satomi Arai||Debi Derryberry|
|Crunch Bandicoot||Masafumi Kimura||Chris Williams|
|Aku Aku||Kenichi Ogata||Greg Eagles|
|Dr. Neo Cortex||Shozo Iizuka||Lex Lang|
|Dr. N. Gin||Mitsuru Ogata||Nolan North|
|Nina Cortex||Yoshiko Kamei||Amy Gross|
|Pasadena O'Possum||Iho Matsukubo||Lisa Ortiz|
|Tawna Bandicoot||Rumi Ochiai||Laura Bailey|
Differences from the GamesEdit
- Crash can speak in full sentences.
- Some voice actors have been replaced.
- Since the series is not based on a specific game, the plot is looser.
Differences Between Japanese and EnglishEdit
- Coco typically calles Crash "Onii-chan" in Japanese rather than by his name.
- Wumpa fruits are simply called "apples" in Japanese, and Power Crystals are called "Power Stones".
- Certain characters add honorifics after names in Japanese; the most prominent example is Crash being referred to as "Crash-kun" by many characters.