|City of Bandits|
|Created by||Akira Jotaro (aka Justice0)|
|No. of episodes||24|
|Run time||23-24 minutes|
The story takes place in a city named Hermes, better known as: The City of Bandits. The story is about a young boy who just enters the city and meets with a girl who steals his money and is then caught by him, only to become his partner in crime.
The city named Hermes is a great and large city filled with joy and hatred. Hermes has been known as the City of Bandits because of the amount of criminals who live in there, so it was split up into four different territories, the north western, Time Town, the eastern beach, Sea Patch Isle, and the southern, Masquerade State. Each part of the city is controlled by a different person and ruled differently. Time Town is governed by Clock Head and has the entire part of the city like a clocktower. Sea Patch Isle is the most populated part of Hermes, governed by Kill Beard the Pirate and filled with criminals who obey no laws but are surprisingly civilized. Masquerade State is the part of the city which the name "City of Bandits" feels as if it doesn't belong there at all, governed by Naamio Thorne and looks like a rich everyday city where the people are kind and controlled by law, but it also stages a fighting tournament every year.
Fione Kiss is a young girl who has lived her entire life inside the city of Hermes, the city for thieves and bandits. One day, a young traveller by the name of Cent Jelnote entered the city for reasons unknown and meets with Fione as the first person in the city who didn't ignore him; after talking a little about the city, Fione secretly steals Cent's wallet and assumed no one noticed. About 30 seconds after she leaves him, Cent appears right in front of her as if he was there from the beginning and asks for her to return his wallet; having his wallet back, he took only one thing from it and gave everything else in it to Fione as a token of gratitude and also because he didn't have any use for any of the things he gave away. The next day, Fione still wonders about the boy named Cent and meets with him again right after she walks out of her home wondering if she'll ever meet him again. After their quick reunion, Cent runs away right after they talked for a minute and is chased by a small group of pirates out of nowhere. The next day when Cent and Fione met again for the third time, Fione decides to help Cent after seeing him be chased by a different group of people; this time it was a mercenary group; and stops them by knocking out the guy in front with a punch. As the story goes on, Cent and Fione become partners with each other and aim to steal the greatest treasures in the City of Bandits.
- A 17 year-old outsider of Hermes and a master thief who has never failed to steal anything he's ever set his eyes on. He is very adventurous and seems to get into a lot of trouble which he usually causes by accident. He almost always has the same smiling expression on his face no matter what the situation and is very hard to anger or make sad. There is not much known about his history or why he likes to steal great treasures. He has a jewel known as the "Frozen Fairy" which is a small crystal that looks as if there is a fairy inside; it is unknown why he treasures this jewel above everything else. He has incredible luck, inteligence, and weaponry skills, which are usually the causes of his troubles with other people; he does not know how to swim. He likes Fione and doesn't hide the fact that he does nor does he act any different to her. His first name comes from the English word "cent" which is a form of money. He is voiced by Ryohei Kimura.
- A 16 year-old girl who was born in Hermes and grew up as a very skillful thief who was taught by her mother before she died. She has only been caught two times when stealing something, the first time was when she was 7 years-old and the second time was when she met Cent. She knows the city of Hermes very well and can never get lost in it because she has memorized the city's map and has been through the entire city before. She would often blush whenever Cent tells her that he likes her and would usually react by jumping in surprise. She fights with brass knuckle gloves as her weapons and fights like a highly skilled boxer. She is voiced by Megumi Nakajima.
- The captain of the Bloody Ace Pirates and a 58 year-old man who loves beer and stealing who also owns the entire eastern parts of Hermes. He becomes the self-proclaimed mentor of Cent after his crew is defeated and his treasure, the "Scaleless Mermaid", a small crystal that looks like a woman is inside, is stolen. After losing to Cent, he becomes a major supporting character often used for comic relief. He is voiced by Kōji Ishii.
- A man who is over 100 years-old but looks as if he's in his early 20s. He controls the entire north western parts of Hermes and is famous for his control over time. He fell to his death after his youth clock was broken and his treasure, the "One-Winged Angel", a small crystal that looks like a one-winged woman is inside of it, is stolen by Cent. Despite being known to control time, he can only control his aging and the aging of people or things he touches. He is voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa.
Mistress Naamio ThorneEdit
- She is the 31 year-old queen of the entire southern parts of Hermes, the only civilized parts of Hermes where the name "City of Bandits" doesn't fit. She enjoys seeing people fight each other and stages a fighting tournament each year with the reward of her daughter, Noelle, to be the victor's wife; there has been no victors who were able to defeat her champion, Folk Gunthis. She has staged a tournament every year since her husband and son's deaths which traumatized her to becoming a war-loving woman. She realizes her regrets and mistakes after her daughter was severely injured and had her treasure, the "Masked Elf", a small crystal that looks as if a faceless elf woman is inside it, is stolen by Cent. Her first name is Finnish for "mask". She is voiced by Yuri Amano.