|Created by||Akira Jotaro (aka Justice0)|
|No. of episodes||12|
|Run time||23-24 minutes|
The story takes place in a current-day Japan in an unnamed city and a school named Kinkujou High School. The story revolves around four high school girls who just fool around in their normal school days and sometimes breaking the 4th wall.
Haruhi Byakko, Natsumi Suzaku, Aki Genbu, and Fuyuri Seiryuu are regular high school girls who knows that they are anime characters and often breaks the 4th wall by talking to the narrator. As Haruhi, Natsumi, Aki, and Fuyuri continue their lives, they parody many other anime and talk about the funny things in their lives.
- A girl who is always extremely lucky but is also very naive and gullible. She usually doesn't notice the things she says or does until someone points it out. She likes to wave at the screen and talk to the narrator, making her the character who breaks the 4th wall the most. She is voiced by Kaori Fukuhara.
- An anime otaku who likes to cosplay and get into fights with people. She had once punched a punk to the screen and cracked it, making the narrator extremely mad. She loves anime and makes the most referances to other anime and games. She likes to play video games, especially if it was based on an anime or is a visual novel/eroge game. She is voiced by Aya Hirano.
- A quiet girl with an emotionless face who somehow literally knows everything known to man. She often can't read atmospheres and is usually the mood breaker, mainly because she often brings weird things with her and uses them at random times. She is voiced by Minori Chihara.
- An extremely shy girl who hardly ever talks and runs away whenever she's embarassed or nervous, and sometimes even faints when she can't get far enough away. She also has a fear of men reacts the same when she is nervous, but ironically, she was voted the cutest girl in school and is often being hit on by males. She is voiced by Yūko Gotō.
- The narrator of the show and a faceless character who often talks to the girls. He usually makes bad jokes to the audience or the girls whenever he is bored. He is voiced by Norio Wakamoto.
- The girls' were named after the four seasons and the four symbols of the Chinese constellation.
- The anime was named after the creator of the anime, Akira Jotaro, as a combination of his first name and the word "animation".
- All four of the girls' voice actresses were in Lucky Star and the Haruhi Suzumiya series.